Video: Cosmetic ImagingCosmetic imaging lets our dental team deliver unparalleled results that are specifically customized to the patient's wishes. If you are seeking superlative care and precise treatment in the Orange County, California area, we would be happy to help at Caldwell DDS. Enlarge Video View All Videos
At Caldwell Dental Care, our entire focus is on providing the safest, most comfortable and effective experience for our patients. Drs. Ty and Susan Caldwell are continually integrating the latest and most promising advances in dental technology into their practice to ensure that their patients are able to achieve results of the highest possible standard. The most recent of these additions to our practice is CBCT technology. CBCT, or cone-beam computer tomography, allows us to provide a safer, more effective alternative to traditional dental x-rays to patients of our Orange County practice.
We invite you to learn about this extraordinary diagnostic technology and then to contact Caldwell Dental Care today to schedule your initial appointment at our practice.
What Is CBCT?
CBCT is a variation on traditional computed tomography - the "CT" in "CAT scan" - technology. Our CBCT system allows our dentists to create a remarkably detailed three-dimensional image of a patient's teeth, mouth, and jaw using a device that rotates around the patient's head, collecting data via a cone-shaped x-ray beam. Compared to traditional dental x-ray technology, the CBCT system is:
- Considerably faster
- Safer, as it delivers less radiation
- More precise and accurate in the data it captures and the images it produces
- More comfortable for the patient
Ultimately, the CBCT system complements the other advanced technologies featured at Caldwell Dental, contributing to an overall more satisfying and efficient experience for our patients.
How We Use CBCT Technology
The success of any dental treatment is highly dependent upon the diagnostic and planning stages. The CBCT system enables us to obtain clear, detailed images of both hard and soft tissues - images that would not be possible to obtain with traditional dental x-rays. With CBCT technology, Drs. Ty and Susan Caldwell can generate immediate images of the teeth, jawbone, periodontal tissues, and other structures of the face and mouth. In turn, this enables them to:
- Perform dental implant surgery with greater precision and assurance - CBCT technology produces images not only of the jawbone, but also of the nerves and vessels of the mouth; this allows our dentists to identify the ideal site for placement of the titanium implant posts with a degree of accuracy never before possible.
- Diagnose oral health issues in their earliest possible stages - The images produced by our CBCT system capture even minute abnormalities in the teeth and the delicate tissues of the mouth. This early detection increases the chances of successful treatment.
- Explain diagnoses and treatments in more comprehensible terms - Because our CBCT system produces immediate referral images that can be enlarged, enhanced, and otherwise manipulated with ease, patients benefit from a crystal-clear visual aid during explanations of diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Planning treatment - This technology allows for more meticulous planning of treatments such as root canal therapy, orthodontic treatment, periodontal therapy, and other oral health treatments.
Best of all, this fast, highly effective tool requires no discomfort on the part of the patient, something that was not true of traditional dental x-rays. Patients simply sit comfortably while the rotating scanning device does all of the work.
Learn More about CBCT Technology
If you would like to learn more about CBCT technology, or you wish to schedule a consultation with our dentists, please call or email Caldwell Dental today. We would be delighted to welcome you into our practice!